Why the surge in digital books interest? Recent enhancements to the digital library include increased lending limits (up to 6 eBooks can be checked out simultaneously — up from 3), integration with Twitter and Facebook, and now mobile access. With Windows Mobile (5 or newer), members of the National Association of REALTORS® can now wirelessly download audiobooks to their Smartphone, Blackberry®, and other web-enabled devices using OverDrive® Media Console for Windows Mobile. Android™ device owners can install a beta version of OverDrive Media Console to download OverDrive MP3 audiobooks.
New to digital books? Simply log onto ebooks.realtor.org with your NRDS number, download the free required software, add titles to your eBookbag, and then check out!
Top 10 digital books for 2009
1. How to Become a Power Agent in Real Estate (Adobe eBook)
2. Make Money in Short-Sale Foreclosures (Adobe eBook)
3. I’m on Facebook–Now What??? (Adobe eBook)
4. 101 Ways to Promote Your Real Estate Web Site (Adobe eBook)
5. 200 Marketing Ideas for Your Website (Adobe eBook)
6. 1,200 Great Sales Tips for Real Estate Pros (Adobe eBook)
7. Success as a Real Estate Agent For Dummies (Adobe eBook)
8. Soft Sell (Audiobook)
9. Close Like a Pro (Audiobook)
10. Buying Real Estate Foreclosures (Adobe eBook)
Melissa Dittmann Tracey is a contributing editor for REALTOR® Magazine, writing about home & design trends, technology, and sales and marketing. She manages the magazine's award-winning Styled, Staged & Sold blog.