wbs_educate_vocab

A Vocab Lesson for Nonstop Growth

Have you ever wondered why one month’s sales are slow, and the next is crazy busy?  Or maybe you feel like you’ve hit a ceiling on income potential and you’re looking for precise ways to accelerate the growth of your business.

Well, I’ve experienced both ceilings and cycles firsthand and let me tell you this: Without a implementing a consistent, methodological, and precise sales strategy, you cannot scale your business.

But if you’re ready for a new strategy, Colleen Francis’ new book—Nonstop Sales Boom: Powerful Strategies to Drive Consistent Growth Year After Year—is one you will mark-up, dog-ear, and highlight the heck out of. Her thought leadership in professional selling today comes through so brilliantly in it that I ordered ten copies!  Francis delivers practical advice in this book, but it also rivals some of the most challenging, problem-solving, and evergreen books in my collection.wbs_educate_vocab

The book—which is officially being released tomorrow—is loaded with assessment tools for self-analysis, visuals to stimulate thinking, and checklists to ensure every part of the process can hum like an engine.  I can flip to any chapter at any time during the course of a year and ask myself the same questions, but I’ll get a different set of answers based on this carefully outlined process.

Ready to try it for yourself? I recommend you add these three vital definitions that I took away from this book to your sales vocabulary.

Sales radar: Like a sniper aims at the center of a target, a sales professional needs to know how to focus on the bull’s-eye.  Each of the four areas of attraction, participation, leverage, and growth have quantifiable metrics so that can tell you how far off you are from the center, where you’ll find that elusive “nonstop sales” from the title of this book.

Sales leader classification model: Essentially, this is the idea that you should break up your time according to what type of customer you’re courting. In order to create a nonstop sales cycle, Francis suggests spending 25 percent of your time on maintenance and service accounts. The other 75 percent of your time should be spent on two types of accounts: high-potential, high-engagement key accounts or high-potential, low-engagement growth accounts.

VORTEX framework: In this case, “vortex” stands for variety, occurrence, reliability, truth, engagement, and excellence. Different sales tactics can be prioritized according to the accounts that need the most focus.  Tactics include sending an electronic newsletter, scheduling peer-to-peer meetings, and offering free training.

What are you doing strategically to position your business in front of high-potential, high-engagement clients? What are some of the most productive tactics that have helped you create a system of leads and referrals?

Doug Devitre

Companies bring in Doug Devitre, CSP, when they want to improve sales and marketing using the latest technology with quantifiable metrics. He is a member of the National Association of REALTORS® Business Specialties Hall of Fame and earned the Certified Speaking Professional award, which is bestowed upon the top 10 percent of professional speakers worldwide. His new book, Screen to Screen Selling—published by McGraw Hill and available in October 2015—helps executives and sales managers increase sales, productivity, and customer experience without being physically present.

More Posts - Website

Comments
  1. Other necessary features and elements are lead identification, online types,
    lead scoring, and so forth.

ADD YOUR COMMENT