Have you seen this consumer advertising piece from the National Association of REALTORS®? I think it’s really smart, and not just because I’m a sucker for cute kids who enjoy reading books.
Here’s the truth, though: The Field Guide to the Benefits of Home Ownership is not exactly a book. It’s really a PDF with cute binding images at the beginning and end, made to look like a book. It’s also not really a story; it’s more of a collection of study findings about the positive impact home ownership can have on communities.
But that makes it a very useful tool for residential real estate professionals. Whether you’re looking to post an inspiring stat on your Facebook page tomorrow morning, or if you need an uplifting topic for your next blog entry, here are some of my favorite factoids from the Field Guide to the Benefits of Home Ownership:
- Home owners are 28 percent more likely to repair or improve their residence than renters
- Each home purchase generates as much as $60,000 of economic activity in the local and surrounding area
- Children of home owners are 20 percent less likely to become teenage mothers
- Home owners are 28 percent more likely to vote
- The college graduation rate for children of home owners is 116 percent higher